Can’t avoid them
Supporters Club Rules
1. The name of the organisation shall be Wealdstone Football Club Supporters Club, therein after ‘the Club’.
2. The headquarters of the Club shall be at Grosvenor Vale, Ruislip, Middlesex, HA4 6JQ.
3. The objectives of the Club shall be to stimulate interest, and support Wealdstone Football Club financially, socially and in all other ways possible.
4. Admission to, or suspension and expulsion from the membership of the Club shall be at the discretion of the Executive Committee, therein after ‘the Committee’. Any action taken against a member will be notified to them in writing and they have the right of appeal, to the Committee, within 14 days of its receipt.
5. An annual general meeting (AGM) will be held on a date to be determined by the Committee with at least 21 days’ notice given to members.
6. The Secretary or Chairman may call an extraordinary general meeting (EGM) of not less than 28 days’ notice. This would either be at the request of the Committee or upon a request in writing, signed by at least 25% paid up members of the Club, detailing the agenda item(s).
7. A quorum for any general meeting shall be 15 members or 10% of members whichever number is the greater.
8. Proxy votes are not allowed at AGMs or EGMs. Postal or electronic votes on any pre-determined business may be accepted by the Chairman.
9. The business at each AGM is to receive reports from the Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Club Shop Manager and any items for discussion as deemed necessary, such as any other business. Any resolution for consideration must be received by the Secretary not later than 14 days prior to the date of the AGM.
10. All proposals for changes to these rules must be sent in writing to the Secretary at least 14 days before the AGM or an EGM, as applicable. Each proposal must be passed by a 75% majority of those present.
11. The Committee shall be elected at the AGM and new nominations can be made up to 14 days beforehand.
12. The Committee shall consist of its officers: Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer, Travel Secretary, Junior Stones’ Secretary, Membership Secretary and Club Shop Manager. Up to five others may be members. Extra members, including from outside the Club, may be co-opted
as circumstances arise, or as vacancies occur.
13. All positions are honorary, but appropriate receipted expenses may be reimbursed at the discretion of the Committee.
14. The Committee’s duties shall be to conduct the business of the Club and appoint any sub-committees. In the event of a drawn vote on any issue, the Chairman shall have a second or casting vote.
15. A quorum for a Committee meeting shall consist of a minimum of 6 members, at least two of which must be officers. The Committee shall attempt to meet at least six times per year.
16. At the discretion of the Committee the Patronage may be offered to deserving persons and any new appointments will be ratified at the next general meeting. If no one
accepts these positions, they will be held in abeyance.
17. The position of President shall be held for a term of five years, from the AGM so elected. Nominees should preferably be a former Committee member. The President will be an ex-officio Committee member, but cannot stand for any other office. They can be re-elected for a further term if desired.
18. At the discretion of the Committee, the position of Life Vice-President may be conferred upon deserving servants of the Club. Any new appointments will be ratified at the next general meeting. Vice-Presidents may be eligible to stand for election to the Committee if they wish.
19. The membership subscription for Juniors (under the age of 14), Annual and Life shall be decided by the Committee. Any proposed changes shall be ratified at the AGM.
20. All monies received by the Treasurer shall be paid into the Club’s account forthwith. Cheques and expenditure drawn on this account must be authorised by the Committee and signed by the Treasurer and one of three Committee members approved to do so.
21. The financial year shall be from 1st June to 31st May.
22. The accounts shall be inspected before the AGM by an independent examiner and laid before the members at the AGM. The examiner’s fee, if any, will be agreed by
23. The Club is committed to a diversity and inclusion policy and requires all members to abide and adhere to this general principle and the requirements of the extant government codes of practice. Specifically discrimination is prohibited by:
· Treating any individual on grounds of gender, race, age, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation or disability less favourably than
· Imposing any requirements, which are in effect more onerous on that individual than they are on others.
· Harassment by virtue of discrimination.
· Any other act, or omission of an act, which has as its effects the disadvantaging of a member.
24. The Club commits itself to the immediate investigation, by all appropriate means, against any allegations of harassment, bullying, discrimination or victimisation. Any members found to be offending will be dealt with under the Club’s disciplinary procedure in accordance with rule 4.
25. The child protection policy used by the Club will mirror that of Wealdstone FC.
26. Trustees are governed in accordance with the ‘Deed of appointment of trustees of Wealdstone Football Club Supporters’ Club’ dated 15th January 2015. They shall own such property on trust for the Club and its members.
27. There shall be two trustees who will be elected for life. Any vacancy will be filled by the Committee and their appointment ratified at the next general meeting.
28. All trustees must be members of the Club and over the age of 18.
29. A trustee shall cease to hold office upon resignation, formally given to the secretary with at least 28 days’ notice, death, cessation of membership, becoming an undischarged bankrupt or by incapacity in any other way.
30. The trustees will promptly deal with the property as directed by the members of the Club through a general meeting. If an urgent decision is required then an EGM for this purpose will be called giving 14 days’ notice.
31. A trustee will be reimbursed for any expenses, costs or liabilities howsoever arising out of the ownership of or responsibility for the property.
32. Trustees must vote at the direction of the Committee, which would be in writing signed by the Chairman and Secretary. The decision of the Committee must be by a 75% majority. A copy of this communication will be retained on file. If a 75% majority cannot be obtained then it must be put to the members in accordance
with rule 30.
33. The Club can only be disbanded at an EGM convened for this sole purpose and the motion carried by a 75% majority, including postal and electronic votes. Should
the membership decide upon disbandment, any remaining funds, shares and property, after all debts have been paid, would be passed onto Wealdstone
Football Club (2000) Limited or its successor in title.