Bognor Regis Town 1 Wealdstone 3, Sat 14 Dec 2013

Picture of WFCSC

Share This Post

Wealdstone put in a consummate performance at Nyewood Lane to take all three points against Bognor Regis Town. Manager Gordon Bartlett was forced to make two changes to the usual starting line-up with Mikhael Jaimez Ruiz replacing the unavailable Jonathan North in Goal and Scott McCubbin slotting in at right back in place of the suspended James Hammond.

The Rocks pitch is one of the best in the league and both teams set-about playing neat controlled football with plenty of passing and movement in abundance. The home side settled the quickest and created the first real opening down the Stones left but the failed to take advantage. The first decent Stones chance arrived on 10 minutes; McGleish wriggled free on the right and made his way along the goal-line before laying the ball back to the on rushing Little whose shot was deflected for a corner which came to nought. The home team then had a 7 minute purple patch where their calm approach play and passing game appeared to unsettle the Stones stretched midfield with the back four of McCubbin, Cronin, Hamblin and Okimo working hard to close out the home forwards.   
The first goal arrived on 18 minutes as a direct consequence of the home side wanting to play a passing game to bring the ball out of defence; Chamberlain dwelt too long on the ball, the ageless Little pounced, nicked the ball, brushed aside the defender brilliantly and placed the ball into the net past a helpless Zawadski in the home goal.
Both sides continued playing neat football without any real end product,however just before the half hour mark the Rocks lost possession in the Stones half and that man Little gathered the ball and played a sublime pass between the rangy centre back and right back to allow Tom Pett to advance taking the ball past the advancing Zawadski on the edge of the box and confidently stroke the ball into the empty neat from 16 yards to put Stones two up.  Stones were in the ascendancy now with the home side looking less confident as the game moved to half-time.
Stones got the second-half under-way kicking towards the covered end and their mass of supporters behind the goal. Like the first half both sides were seeking to play neat football on the ground to create opportunities but with limited success. On the hour mark a Rocks attack down the right was halted by Okimo, as he tried to bring the ball out he was pulled back by the Rocks player however the referee played a good advantage which allowed Okimo to release the ball to Johnny Wright who was in acres of space to advance on Zawadski and place a hammer of shot into the net to put Stones 3 up.
The game was up, the home side huffed and puffed and continued to play neat football, for Stones the job was done. Little, McGleish and Wright were replaced by Dean, Moore and Bailey. The home side grabbed a consolation goal on 84 minutes when the Stone defence was finally breached by good approach play down the right with Dodd putting the ball in the net.

Next-up, Lowestoft away on Tuesday kick-off 7:45. The Club are running a free coach to the game for supporters. Details at
Wealdstone: Ruiz, McCubbin, Hamblin, Cronin, Okimo, Godfrey, Little, Pigden,McLeish, Wright, Pett. Subs used Dean, Moore and Bailey. N/u: Siva, Pattison.
Crowd: 506 – 130 Away fans

Match Report by Alan Hill

More To Explore


Easter Raffle Winners 2024

Following the Draw on Monday 1st April the full list of winning tickets and prizes are below. Firstly though we just wanted to say a


£8,000 Donation to Wealdstone FC

£8,000 Donation to Wealdstone FC Wealdstone FC Supporters Club is delighted to announce that they have made a donation to the main club of £8,000